The requirements to file a complaint
Required documents when filing a complaint:
- A valid civil ID or passport
- Receipt or proof of payment
- Air ticket
- Boarding pass (if applicable)
- Power of attorney (in case the applicant is not the complainant)
- Any other supplementary documents
Advices & guidance to air passengers:
- Check validity of travel documents (passport, ID expiry date)
- Ensure obtaining all the mandatory documents needed to enter the country you plan to visit (valid visa, medical check etc.)
- Deal only with approved travel agents (authorized by the Directorate General of Civil Aviation of the State of Kuwait)
- Do not do more than one booking for the same flight/date to avoid cancellation of both bookings.
- Ensure that air ticket details and hotel booking are correct as per your request (air ticket includes 13 digits, passenger name as written in his/her passport, travel date, departure time, air carrier, flight number and route)
- Ensure that passenger name inserted in the air ticket is identical to the passenger’s name that is written in his/her passport.
- Keep all documents pertinent to your travel including: receipt, fare conditions, contract, air ticket and hotel booking to reserve your rights.
- Provide your airline or travel agent with your phone number and a valid email to enable them to communicate with you regarding flight information or any unexpected changes.
- Ensure reading air fare’s conditions in case of cancelation or refund before completing your booking of flights and hotels
- In case of reaching your final destination and unable to check-in at your hotel because of booking inexistence please get a stamped document from the hotel management stating the reason of unacceptance of admission.
- In case you voluntary want to cancel your travel, inform your airline or your travel agent immediately.
- Arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to flight departure time.
- Attend at airline’s check in counter before passengers’ acceptance deadline, and make sure you reach the right check-in zone.
- Arrive at the boarding gate on time according to boarding time as printed in your boarding pass.
- Check your baggage allowance stated by the airline you travel with.
- You are not allowed to have more than one piece of carryon luggage (handbag) with 7 kg maximum weight, and total dimensions of 115 cm.
- In case of losing your luggage, file an irregularity report before leaving the customs area at the arrival hall, and refer to lost & found section of airport operations department.
• In case of irregularities when traveling through Kuwait International Airport, please report to the Duty Airport Superintendent or visit the department of air transport (compliant section) at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation.
• In case of irregularities during your travel abroad (out of Kuwait) please report to the local authority.
For inquiries and complaints, please contact us directly at 24719973 or 24336699 ext. 1447 – 1445 – 1417
Group travel guidelines:
- Group travel fares include: air transport cost, accommodation cost, transfers and sightseeing (if applicable) of all cities you plan to visit . In case of contract breach , please file a complaint within 30 days from the return date to Kuwait providing all the necessary documents that support your claim.
- Ensure that your travel agent has got Directorate General of Civil Aviation’s approval to organize Group Travel.
- Ensure you are informed with the travel program; itinerary, air carriers, dates, departure/arrival times, accommodation sites, transfers etc.
- Ensure reading your group travel contract and all of its pertaining conditions before you sign the contact, and keep the contract until you arrive back to Kuwait.
- Check whether your trip may include transfer/transit point(s) at other airports, and the layover time.
- Many passenger’s greeters cause crowdedness at the airport, which hinders the smooth passengers’ movement and efficient operations.
- Do not accept carrying anything from people you do not know for your own safety and security.
- Do not leave luggage unattended at any part of airports.
- When experiencing a suspicious activity please contact airport authority or security staff at the airport immediately.
- Smoking is not allowed at the airport except at the designated areas.